CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Our day at the beach

What's the best remedy for winter doldrums? A day at the beach seems like a possible antidote. We decided to visit the Indiana Dunes and Lake Michigan on Saturday. It was a balmy 32 degrees, and when we arrived at the lake Bubba and I just laughed. What were we expecting? Warm sandy beaches and clear blue water? I don't know what we were thinking, because instead of a beach we got a frozen tundra. Even still, we wandered the lakeshore and found it had a kind of austere, brilliant beauty.






7 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

You truly are a SUPER WOMAN Kim to be toting Henry around on your back! I'm super impressed- and I think its great to get out side anyways and have a few adventures . . . even if they are frozen :-)

Kristen said...

Hilarious! Just what you want when you think of an escape to the beach. (The only time we have been to the beach here was in February and boy was it chilly too).

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Kim you look so beautiful!! I love seeing pictures of your cute family!

We are 3. said...

Kim!! Its Whitney, how are you? Is Traci still coming to visit this week?

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

It took me a minute to realize in the first pic that it was snow on top of the sand, not really white snow! I guess I shouldn't let you know that today it was 65 and yesterday it was 72... We get ours to, in August when it is 100' and 100% humidity!

janel said...

I love your backpack for Henry! And I also still love those boots of yours. And most of all, I would love to be as skinny as you. Then maybe I can borrow your blue sweatsuit from the Exchange. sigh. Maybe next year. And cool frozen beach and sand pictures! Bubba looks particularly astute.

Stacy and Mike said...

Love the pics! I concur with Bubba's looking astute and you looking like a fashion model and then toting a toddler on what looks like a Snowy mountain/beach. We miss you guys.